The fitness industry is constantly changing and one of the most popular pieces of fitness equipment in recent years has been the weighted vest. They provide an excellent way to passively build muscle, similar to wrist and ankle weights, but they are most commonly used to increase the intensity and demands of a workout.
Best Weighted Vest
Hyperwear Hyper Vest Pro
- Professional-grade weight vest based on a patented design and fabric
- Comes with 10lbs of high-density steel weights with capacity for more
- Thin profile provides full range of motion
- Stretch fabric is wicking, odor resistant, cool and comfortable; open side for ventilation
- Unisex design with side lacing for highly-adjustable fit
A product of hyperwear, the Hyper Vest pro comes with an eye catching price, but does the pro tag live up to the expectation?
This unisex vest offers an incredibly thin profile to enhance mobility during a workout and provide full range of motion. This however, does not mean that the vest is lighter or provides a less intense workout. The weights within the vest are a high density steel only 1/4” thick that total 10lbs of extra bodyweight during a workout. The vest is fairly well concealed under regular clothing too, thanks to its thin fabric.
It comes in five sizes: small, med, large, XL and XXL and each vest can have additional weight added to them via booster packs that are to be purchased separately. The vest is also machine washable which is a very convenient feature considering how sweaty the material is likely to get.
RUNFast/Max Pro Vest
- Weights come Included - weights can be added or removed at any time for any workouts
- Features - Phone pocket and water bottle holder included for your Convenience.
- Durability- Lifetime included. We stand behind our products so you can workout worry free.
- Shoulder pads option: the option to add extra shoulder comfort if needed.
- Equal weight distribution- with pockets located front and back of the vest, This vest will give you maximum comfort during all workouts without straining your back or shoulders.
The runfast weighted vest is a heavy duty vest in that it’s large and it carries a relatively large maximum weight too. The vest holds 12 – 60 lbs of weight in pouches at the front and rear of the vest. Obviously this means the vest becomes bulkier at heavier weights.
The vest comes across as more practical than aesthetic due to its relatively harsh material and plain black colour. However, a weighted vest is all about practicality and this one offers great weighted options for your money. Due to the weighted pouches sitting over the stomach when wearing the vest, it seems it would be more beneficial for activities that will not cause it to bounce so much I.e. hiking, climbing.
Tone Fitness Weighted Belt
- CONSTRUCTION - Made with soft neoprene material for a comfortable feel
- VERSATILE - One size fits most Burn more calories, increase bone density, and increase intensity of workouts by wearing this weighted vest
- FEATURES - Adjustable front belt for snug fit Reflective strips for visibility in the dark
- FUNCTIONAL - Wear this vest for exercising, walking, distance running or speed, agility and quickness drills
- CHOICES - Available in blue and black
A much cheaper option for first time would be vest buyers. The tone fitness vest only comes in one weight: 12 lbs, but it specialises in a different area than pure added weight. The entire design of the vest is built upon comfort and mobility.
The vest is constructed out of soft neoprene for extra comfort and the simple shoulders straps at the front of the vest are certainly some of the least cumbersome you can buy. The weight resides in the back of the vest and gives the wearer complete mobility when running, jumping, climbing etc.
Tone fitness also make buying this vest extremely simple as it only comes in one size: a one size fits all. They have also taken safety into account by adding reflective strips for walking/running at night.
CAP Barbell Weighted Vest
- CONSTRUCTION: Made from reinforced nylon and polyester
- COMFORT: Fully adjustable waist belt and padded shoulder straps allowing for a snug and secure fit
- WEIGHT: Adjust total weight by removing or adding individual weight packets. Each packet is filled with 2.5 lb of iron ore fines
- FLEXIBILITY: Ideal as additional resistance for any body weight training. Anchor hooks designed for parachute run training. Includes reflective stripes for easy visibility if used during walking or...
- TRUST: Trust experience. CAP has been a pioneer in fitness with over 30 years experience and locations worldwide. Chances are if you have ever worked out, you have worked out with a CAP product
CAP barbell are known for producing fantastic exercise equipment and there should certainly be no exception when it comes to their weighted vest.
This vest comes with eight different weight options that cater from a beginner to an advanced weighted belt user. Ranging from 40 – 150lbs, this weighted belt is the most versatile on this list. The weights are adjustable and can be increased or decreased with minimum fuss. You can add or subtract 2.5 lbs in increments so this vest can be used to increase endurance and strength over a long time period.
The vest is extremely well put together, with Velcro straps and thick pockets that are stitched together very well. The vest looks interesting with its military style and myriad of pockets. Ideal for use within a gym or out in nature.
Everlast Weighted Vest
- Product Type: Sporting Goods
- Item Package Dimensions: 23.876 L X 26.162 W X 10.414 H (Cm)
- Country Of Origin: China
- Item Package Weight: 10.25 Pounds
The final vest in this list and it’s quite a bit different from the previous one. This vest only comes with two weight options: 10 + 20 lbs.
The weights are non-adjustable and come in sand or built in iron forms. Like the Tone fitness vest, the Everlast is convenient in that it also only comes in a one size fits all option. The vest has ‘evergrip’ technology with textured panels underneath the straps to secure placement during exercise which will of course come in useful for any of you who will be running or jumping in this vest.
The vest looks pleasing to the eye and it is made from a comfortable and sweat resistant material so there will be minimal slipping during sweaty workouts.
Of course, safety is paramount when using weighted vests and anyone using them, especially the heavier varieties, should be careful when bending or moving the back up and down whilst the belt is on. Besides this caveat, a weighted vest is a great investment for anyone looking to add some intensity to their workouts.