The Best Suspension Trainer Reviewed
TRX Training Suspension Trainer Kit
- OUR BEST-SELLING TRAINING SYSTEM. TRX’s All-In-One Suspension Trainer System has revolutionized personal fitness. Designed for full-body workouts that are proven to anywhere, anytime, using only...
- AMAZING RESULTS FAST. TRX will allow you to achieve the results you want. You will Build Muscle, Burn Fat, Strengthen Core, Increase Cardio Endurance & Improve Flexibility efficiently to transform the...
- WORKOUT ANYWHERE. TRX easily anchors to doors, rafters, or beams at home—as well as anywhere outdoors like trees, poles, or posts. Take TRX All-in-One Suspension Training System to the beach, park,...
- SAFETY-TESTED – TRX is safety-tested to support bodyweight up to 700 pounds. TRX has been used for over 10 years by the US Military, Pro Sports teams, and world-class athletes worldwide and comes...
- 30-DAY FREE TRIAL TO TRX TRAINING CLUB: Unlimited access to 500+ on-demand workouts; weight training, cardio, cross training, sport athleticism, resistance & mobility training, prehab & rehab. All...
You may not have heard of suspension trainers before this article but you’ve almost definitely heard the name “TRX” before. If you haven’t, you must have been living under a rock.
TRX are the big name when it comes to suspension trainers. A bit like how iPod became synonymous with MP3 players and how the older generation refer to every tablet computer as an “iPad”, TRX have taken over the market. You can pretty much use the term “TRX” when talking about suspension trainers as a whole.
They provide you with the best quality suspension trainer that you can buy as well as a whole host of other goodies to get you started including a carry bag and an exercise guide. The exercise guide details a ton of exercises that you can do on your new trainer and how best to do said exercises to achieve optimal results.
TRX have merged safety, security and ultimate comfort into one great package so that this piece of kit can be in your workout arsenal forever.
GoFit Gravity Straps
- Build strength, increase your balance, and gain core stability for a better lifestyle with the GoFit Gravity Resistance Straps!
- RESISTANCE: The GoFit Gravity Resistance Straps harness your body weight, making it all the resistance you need for a variety of total-body exercise!
- EFFECTIVE: The 3 simple and effective ways to change the level of the Gravity Resistance Straps resistance are: changing the angle, changing the starting point, and changing the foundation.
- EASY SETUP: The GoFit Gravity Resistance Straps easily install into your doorway in seconds with no hardware, offering a super effective workout that’s convenient to use at home and when travelling.
- INCLUDES: The GoFit Gravity Resistance Straps comes complete with door anchors, 2 handles, 2 ankle cradles, mesh travel bag, and a training manual to give you the ultimate resistance workout!
You can install this suspension trainer on your doorway in seconds. No screws, no tools and no messing about. Sticking to a new exercise routine can be difficult so it’s great that GoFit make it as easy as possible to get set-up and go. The low profile of the trainer means it can easily be stored away when not in use whilst taking up very little space.
This trainer does have a weight limit of up to 300 pounds so almost everyone should be able to use this just fine. If you do happen to weigh more than 300 pounds then there are plenty of different products in our top five list for you to choose from.
No products found.
No products found.
Ultimate Body Press have kitted out this suspension trainer with commercial grade components to allow both security and ease of use. You can make fast adjustments to the trainer without having to completely take the thing down or worry about the product failing whilst in use.
This same solid construction allows it to be anchored to a variety of points: doorways, rafters and beams, pull-up bars and even strong tree limbs.
You really can take this suspension trainer anywhere and be able to find a solid, useable anchor point to get your workout in. This versatility also makes it possible for you to do additional exercises with it. If you’ve just opened the box and don’t know where to start, check the handy exercise guide that comes with it that contains details for 36 movements and 3 full workouts.
No products found.
No products found.
If you are a bigger guy or girl that liked the GoFit model but were over the weight limit, then this trainer might be for you. The carabiners can hold up to 1000 pounds of weight without crumbling. No matter how big you are and what weight class you fight at, this suspension can hold your weight and then some.
The grips are made of EPDM outdoor-quality soft foam so you can use these in the park without them being ruined by inclement weather. The same grips are firm yet soft; you can get a nice grip on these and not have your hands ache or burn like you would with inferior products.
Lifeline Jungle Gym XT
- Take your suspension training to the next level with the Jungle Gym XT. This alternative to weights is versatile and easily portable so you can train anywhere from your home gym to the outdoors.
- The patented split anchor design allows for narrow, neutral and wide angles of resistance, targeting more muscle groups than single anchor versions. The best door exercise equipment on the market!
- Two non-scuff door anchors provide secure door attachment for the home door workout or office and loop-over cinch connection to bars, beams and tree limbs.
- Perfect for all users, from beginners to fitness pros, by using body weight. Great for low impact rehab workouts to intense strength building cardio routines that burn fat and improve conditioning
- Industrial-strength suspension straps are built for punishing workouts. Quickly change between high and low exercises. EASY-IN molded foot cradles retain shape for SAFER use when training lower body
The Jungle Gym XT by Lifeline has a split anchor design which allows the trainee to adjust the system to gain additional planes of movement and use different muscle groups than you would normally. You can adjust the width of the anchors as narrow or wide as you like to target specific muscles and movements.
Both the hand grips and the easy-in-foot cradles are sturdy and durable enough to withstand heavy, sustained use without falling apart. It also features secure and adjustable inline buckles so that you can adjust the length of the straps on the fly to suit different body weights and specific exercises/target zones.
Suspension trainers are all the rage these days and for good reason too. You’d be hard-pressed to find a big gym that hasn’t already equipped itself with these new contraptions and many trainees even store their own trainers in their gym bags to be used whenever they see fit.
These suspension trainers are lightweight and compact for easy storage and are incredibly easy to set up. You can grab these from your gym bag and be working out with them within seconds.
They provide the trainee with a full body workout using only the straps and their own body weight. If used correctly, your core will be engaged in pretty much any suspension training exercise you’ll be doing. This helps build overall strength, balance and agility.
There are plenty of exercises and training protocols that the BJJ and MMA trainee can use to build strength, improve their agility and dexterity and gain better balance but this tool does it all in one. It allows you to move your body in every plane of motion possible so that you get a truly complete workout.
In both Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Mixed Martial Arts you have to fight out of positions where you have no base of strength. It’s not like weightlifting where you can have as long as you like to get ready before you have to lift. You get stuck in a tough, disadvantageous position and you’ll have to fight your way out regardless. Suspension trainers are great at mimicking these odd, unstable planes of movement that you’ll be thrown into during training.
The current market is littered with suspension trainers so we’ve worked hard to identify the five best trainers you can buy.
Every fighter and athlete would benefit greatly from any of the suspension trainers listed above. Lifting heavy iron and doing road work are great protocols and should have a place in your workout regimen, but the suspension trainer really helps you build that vital core strength and develop balance in ways that these methods simply can not.