If you’re looking to furnish your home gym with a brand new Plyometric box then look no further. This list aims to help you find and choose the best Plyometric box for you and your training needs.
Best Plyometric Boxes
- 30x24x20 inches - Highest Grade Plywood - 3/4 inch thick. Assembly screws are included. Each box allows for 3 different heights.
- Perfect for box jumps, step-ups, box squats, and Cross Training/HIIT workouts
- Puzzle box design with internal bracing for maximum strength
- Sanded down edges for comfort and safety, CNC machined for precise fit (no struggling to assemble)
- Pre-drilled holes makes it quick to assemble. 10-15 minute assembly time with a power screwdriver.
The rep 3 in 1 Plyometric box comes in four sizes: 20” x 24” x 30”, 24” x 20” x 16”, 20” x 18” x 16” and 16” x 14” x 12”
The box itself has a smooth precision finish, courtesy of CNC machining, but it doesn’t come ready assembled, some assembly is required. However, the box comes with pre-drilled holes which make this assembly extremely quick. The 3 in 1 box comes with internal bracing which allows the user to have different jumping heights such as: 20”, 24” and 30”.
Once assembled, the box is very easy to use. Just push the box over onto one of its various sides to choose the jumping height you want. This is easy to do as the box only weights around 50lbs. The box itself is extremely sturdy and can support up to 400 lbs so using it for box jumps is a simple affair with minimum fuss.
- PLYO BOX SET: 12", 18", 24", 30" set with NO ASSEMBLY required
- INDESTRUCTIBLE DESIGN: Heavy-duty steel construction, durable non-slip vinyl landing surface, and non-slip rubber pads on all 4 corners guarantees safe and dynamic workouts for years to come
- OPTIMUM SAFETY: This plyo box set is excellent for both men and women with a slip-free landing pad, fully wrapped with tucked corners, guaranteed not curl up after many uses
- IMPROVE BODY TONE: Excellent for plyometric and speed drills, improve shoulders, arms, chest, glutes and legs while strengthening and improving overall core stability
- POWER UP YOUR WORKOUT: Develop that explosiveness you have wanted and build proficiency with every box jump, agility, and stamina workout
Described as being indestructible, you can find these jump boxes in gyms all around the world. These boxes come in sets of four and are stackable with a rubber, non-slip jump surface and heavy duty steel construction for durability. The corners of the boxes come with their own grips for a stable connection to the floor during use.
The four boxes come in sizes: 12”, 18”, 24” and 30”. These varying sizes make this particular set ideal for beginners and advanced plyometric practitioners. Although these boxes are described as being for plyometric work, they can also be used for other exercises such as box squats and they are certainly sturdy enough to handle large amounts of weight.
- ✔ Perfect for box jumps, step-ups, box squats, and workouts
- ✔ Plywood - 3/4 inch thick. Assembly screws and square-drive bit are included.
- ✔ Flatpacked requires assembly. Basic DIY skills required.
- ✔ Tight Fitting design requires Rubber Mallet for assembly. This makes box extremely strong even without screws.
- ✔ Pre-drilled holes makes it quick to assemble. 10-15 minute assembly time with a power screwdriver.
Similar in style to the Rep 3 in 1 box, the Bound 3 in 1 also comes made from plywood with a 3/4” thick body. The box is described as being built ‘like a tank’ and as ‘ideal for crossfit.’ The box comes in sizes various sizes ranging from 12 – 30”. Pre-drilled holes adorn the box and are there to aid in a quicker and more efficient assembly.
Like the previous boxes in this list, the Bound 3 in 1 has had it’s edges sanded down to prevent injury in the event of a missed jump, whilst the unique interlocking joints ensure that the box won’t implode under heavy weight. These small assurances are important when a missed jump or excess weight could result in injury. The box is said to handle up to 400 lbs so there won’t be many who will fall outside of this threshold.
- CONSTRUCTION: Built with steel and finished in a blue and black powder coat, this plyometrics box is built to withstand explosive jumps and speed training; This is a great tool for cardiovascular...
- MUTLI LEVEL DESIGN: This plyometrics box from Fuel Pureformance adjusts to THREE different heights: 14 inches, 18 inches, and 22 inches; Simply use the quick spring button to adjust the height
- NON MARKING FEET: Featuring rubber feet on the bottom, this plyometrics box will not scratch or damage your floors and ensure the box stays in place
- NON SLIP SURFACE: The non-slip landing surface ensures your feet will not slip once you have jumped on top of this plyometrics box; The non-slip surface is 16 inches x 16 inches
- SPECS: Dimensions are 2. 87 inches length x 20. 87 inches width x 22. 24 inches height; Plyo box weighs 32 pounds; Comes with a 30 day manufacturer’s
Doing away with the plywood style of box, the Fuel performance box comes in a black and blue heavy duty steel. More convenient than the wooden varieties, the Fuel Performance box includes a spring adjustment button(hence the term ‘adjustable box). This spring button allows the user to change the height of the box with a simple push of the button and a raising and lowering of the non-slip platform.
The landing platform comes in a sufficient 16” x 16” and as with the other boxes, features a non-slip material for injury prevention. The feet are non-marking too so this box can be used on various types of floors. The best part of this box is it’s convenience and indirectly, it’s space saving due to only being one adjustable platform.
- MATERIAL: Covered with heavy duty PVC fabric for durability. The vinyl coating keeps the box tear-resistant and sturdy as you perform continuous jumps and exercise routines.
- ADJUSTABLE SIZE: Rotate the box for more challenging heights. Instead of buying three separate boxes, this jumping box gives a variety of size choices for a versatile workout. Can be easily adjusted...
- SLIP-RESISTANT SURFACE: The box provides a surface your feet can easily grip to help you avoid slipping. Foam construction helps prevent shin injury. The premium dense foam is designed with comfort...
- GREAT EXERCISE TOO: Targets shoulders, Arms, chest, ABS, glutes and legs; strengthens and improves overall core stability. Versatile capabilities allow for various full body exercises; cross fit...
- PORTABLE: The lightweight design weighs 11lbs, which makes the plyo box easy to move. The jump box can support up to 550lbs.
A unique box on this list, this foam box does more than the others when it comes to injury prevention. The box is made of an ultra dense foam for comfort and flexibility and prevents shin scraping and injuries when missing a jump.
The box can be adjusted to three different heights: 20, 24 and 28” to cater to various user levels. Like the previous box, the Sunny Health foam box takes up less space than a more traditional plywood set due to it being one stand-alone product. To adjust the height of the box the user simply turns the box over onto it’s various sides to manipulate the height. The box is stable from any of these orientations. The landing platform is also resistant to moisture to prevent any condensation forming and increasing the likelihood of slipping.
Plyometric exercises are a great way to improve strength, explosiveness and strengthen the entire body. They have becoming increasingly popular in recent years in tandem with the popularity of crossfit style workouts. However, if explosiveness and lower body strength is something you feel that is lacking from your jiu jitsu game then a good, stable Plyometric box is a strong option, especially for those of us working out from home with limited space.